Throughout the process of the coaching session, I maintain empathy and support, ensuring yourcomfort and progress. The main steps of a regular sessionare as follows:
- Establishing a Relationship and Setting Expectations: I establish trust and understanding with you, creating a comfortable, non-judgmental environment. I explain my role as a facilitator of change, not a therapist or consultant. You understand your role in taking action and making decisions.
- Goal Setting and Agenda Creation: You define what you want to achieve. These goals can be specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound (SMART). Each session has a focus or agenda, driven by your goals and what you want to discuss or work on.
- Exploration and Discovery: I ask open-ended questions to encourage you to reflect deeply and consider different perspectives. I listen attentively to understand your situation, beliefs, and emotions. I may challenge limiting beliefs or assumptions to help you see new possibilities.
- Strategy and Planning: Together, we develop strategies and steps to achieve your goals. We also identify potential barriers and plan ways to overcome them.
- Support and Accountability: I provide emotional support and encouragement, fostering your self-belief and motivation. I help you stay accountable for taking action towards your goals.
- Review and Adjustments: Regularly reviewing what’s working and what’s not, including evaluating progress towards your goals. Modifying strategies or goals as needed based on your learning, experiences, and changing circumstances.
- Closure and Next Steps: Reflecting on what you have learned during the session. Agreeing on actions to take before the next session.
- Continuous Development: Encouraging you to continually reflect and grow, even beyond specific coaching sessions.
Each session can last around one and a half hour, and the number of sessions varies based on your specific needs. On average, a coaching engagement might range from a few sessions (3-5) for very specific, short-term goals, to 6-12 months for more substantial or long-term objectives. It’s important to discuss and agree upon the expected duration of coaching at the outset, keeping in mind that this can be adjusted as needed based on your progress and changing needs.